The global Covid-19 pandemic has put our beautiful world into a desperate and bleak scenario. Without a cure or vaccine, we seem to be in a hopeless and dark situation with no end in sight. Mental illness has bothered us more than the virus because of desperation, hopelessness, and isolation. Thankfully, the Filipino is resilient. We have organizations like The Frontliner Today that have been formed in order to bring hope amidst the Covid-19 crisis.
What is The Frontliner Today?
The Frontliner Today is an independent online media organization. Working in partnership with Food for Frontliners Philippines, they aim to document and share narratives of resilience by the Filpino people.
Founded last April 19, 2020 by Chief Executive Officer Coleen Danielle Natividad and founding editor Serina Mara Alonzo, The Frontliner Today collects stories of resilience and hope. These stories are mostly about people–such as healthcare workers, service attendants, and other community helpers who risk their lives and safety during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Additionally, they also write about narratives of resilience so that they can inspire hope through the power of a story. All these are shared online.
Their Worthy Vision
The Frontliner Today envisions itself as a leading online media organization with a purpose. They are out to transform the entire nation of the Philippines by fostering human connections through our purposeful narrative works.
The group operates with seven (7) core values, namely:
They believe that these values will help them fulfill the mission that they have set out to do for the Filipino people.
There might be physical distancing, but in reading these stories, there’s definitely no social distancing.
Looking for Stories of Quarantine Reflections
The Frontliner Today would like to receive stories of quarantine reflections from the public. These should be heartwarming stories of hope, resilience, ingenuity, productivity, and faith. Or it could be any other encouraging stories revolving the Covid-19 pandemic. Submissions may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frontliners to Feature
Additionally, The Frontliner Today is gathering volunteer frontliners that they can interview. They are looking for the following people to feature until December 2020:
- July 2020: grocery personnel
- August 2020: sanitation agents (janitors, etc)
- September 2020: military people (military men manning checkpoints, other military men frontliners)
- October 2020: psychiatrists/people working for mental health
- November 2020: news reporters
- December 2020: food crew
This will be their story line-up for the rest of the year that will hopefully encourage people to keep up the fight.
Submissions are welcome as well as expression of intent to volunteer to be interviewed for the frontliners. Entries may also be sent to the same email: email@example.com.
Sustainability of a Social Enterprise
In order to sustain their work and mission, The Frontliner Today is looking for clients with whom they can partner with. These will be for their advertising and affiliate marketing services for businesses. This is how they make their work sustainable–handling these for a minimal fee.
With the work that they do, they might as well be considered a social enterprise.
Inquiries about this may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will just send the business a proposal.
The Frontliner Today on Social Media
Here are their social media links of The Frontliner Today. Visit them to learn more about this new online media organization:
- Facebook: facebook.com/thefrontlinertoday
- Twitter: twitter.com/tftphilippines
- Instagram: @thefrontinertoday
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-frontliner-today/?viewAsMember=true
- Medium: medium.com/@thefrontlinertoday
Other Covid-19 stories
Meanwhile, may I interest you about our Covid-19 stories in this blog? Read more:
- Project Ugnayan Beneficiaries in Manila Reach Millions | Covid-19
- Globe Gives 1,000 Preloaded Mobile Phones to Frontliners
- Chamber Volunteer Fire Brigade Disinfects Bacolod City Streets
- PPE for Negros Occidental Health Workers Against Covid-19
- KonsultaMD Provides 30-day Free Medical Advice to the Public
- Crowd Store Finder Locates Open Stores, Pharmacies During Covid-19 Quarantine
- Megaworld Allocates 1,000 Liters of Alcohol, 5,000 Face Masks for Bacolod
- Identify Covid-19 Fake News and Scams