Richmonde Hotel Iloilo – Lovely hotel for a family stay
Our family had a four-day, three-night stay at the Richmonde Hotel Iloilo and it was just a grand accommodation for the four of us. It is definitely one of the best Iloilo hotels for a family to stay.
Since we stayed for three nights, we were able to enjoy the hotel’s amenities, most especially the swimming pool, where the kids spent most of their time. Richmonde Hotel Iloilo is a property of Megaworld. There is elegance, warmth, and simple luxury. While it is grander than home, it surely feels like it is actually home.
Richmonde Hotel Iloilo Location
The Richmonde Hotel Iloilo is centrally located within the continuously developing Iloilo Business Park. This vibrant real estate development by Megaworld Corporation is a 72-hectare mixed-use master-planned community development located in Mandurriao, Iloilo City, Philippines.
Related Iloilo stories:
- Basic Molo, Iloilo Family Tour
- Taking the ferry boat to Iloilo: Exploring Iloilo in a Day with Fast Cat
- Family water park adventure: WaterWorld Iloilo Family Trip
This area used to be the site of Iloilo’s former airport, known as the Mandurriao Airport. This integrated township project will feature a commercial district, a lifestyle mall, office buildings catering to business process outsourcing firms, boutique, and deluxe hotels, as well as a convention center.
Since Richmonde Hotel Iloilo is in the middle of the business park, the location and view are very nice and strategic. You have everything you need within your reach. It is also very near SM City Iloilo. Moreover, the area is very safe. We enjoyed taking a stroll in the evenings with the kids. There were also bambikes for rent that you can use around the vicinity.
The lobby is spacious, well-lighted and feels very welcoming. There are several chairs where guests can wait for their turns to be served. To the left is the bar and to the right is the restaurant where the breakfast buffet is served. Smells good, too. It’s so clean and you can feel quiet luxury when you enter their doors.
Here, the notable cheese ensaymada of Richmonde Hotel are displayed. Guests may purchase these as pasalubong from Iloilo. They come in convenient boxes, too.
What we also love is the atrium on the 5th floor. Since our room was on the 5th floor, it was like having our own grand living room! As in! It was so wide and luxurious. The kids totally loved it here. Just imagine waking up and going out to this area every day for four days! It was giant playground for them!
Room and Toiletries
We had the Deluxe Room at Richmonde Hotel Iloilo, which was quite spacious. There were two queen-sized beds, which we put beside each other to make a really big bed.
The kids totally loved the huge room. It had the usual– TV, desk, stationery, phone, and other things. It felt so clean and comfortable.
My only complaint is the glass panel that is bigger than the wooden table. That means that there were several inches of the glass that was jutting out of the desk and it was quite dangerous if you have young kids. Thankfully, our little Shane was able to avoid it, even while running around the room quite often.
I forgot the brand of the toiletries, but I remembered that they had organic products. The packaging just looks generic, so I had to read the label at the back.
Here are the amenities and facilities of Richmonde Hotel Iloilo.
- Outdoor Swimming Pool with Pool Deck and Bar (7th Floor). Operating from 6am to 8pm daily (depending on the weather), the pool area offers breathtaking views of the city skyline. Our children super duper loved it here. We spend every morning swimming.
- Fitness Center (7th Floor). The gym is equipped with modern exercise machines and is open 24 hours daily for in-house guests. It also has professional fitness trainers to assist guests when needed.
- Business Center (Upper Ground Floor). Basic office equipment and secretarial assistance are available for the busy travelling executive, 24/7. Appropriate fees may apply.
- Parking Area (LG). The parking area provides secured and covered parking for guests.
- Atrium (5/F). This quaint area is an ideal spot for guests to entertain their visitors, have quick meetings with business associates, or just lounge around during their stay.
24-Hour Hotel Services
- Front Desk
- Room Service
- Safety Deposit Box
- Richmonde Express
- Medical Assistance
- Transport Services by Arrangement: (Corresponding fees apply)
- Car Rental
- Airport Transfers
- Safety & Security Features:
- 24-hour Security Service
- Closed-circuit TV surveillance
- Automatic heat/smoke detection and fire sprinkler system
- Hotel key card security system
- 100% backup power supply
The staff at Richmonde Hotel Iloilo are pretty nice. They don’t know I am a blogger and we dressed very casually (more like backpacker), but they were warm and accommodating. I even chanced upon two lady executives at the elevator and they were very cordial. Would that be Ilonggo hospitality, I am not sure. But I just know that we were really treated well at Richmonde.
Richmonde Hotel Iloilo, for what they can offer you, is reasonably priced. Check the table below.
For off-peak days, you can book a Deluxe Room for about P3600++ and it includes free buffet breakfast. For walk-in guests, it’s P5000 per night. Kids up to 12 years old are free.
Book a room at Richmonde Hotel Iloilo with Agoda.
So happy that the wifi connection of the hotel is very fast. I was so happy because I brought my laptop so I could work. Too bad that I ended not being able to work anyway because I was too tired of our Iloilo City tour with the kids in tow. But we really enjoyed the many places that we visited, including an afternoon of water fun at the Waterworld Iloilo.
During our stay in Iloilo, we ate in Iloilo restaurants outside of Richmonde Hotel Iloilo. The only meals we had there would be the breakfast buffets for three mornings. So we had actually seen the changes in the menu every day.
The breakfast buffet is served at The Granary restaurant on the ground floor. The choices for the breakfast buffet are not that many, but it was adequate. There are enough choices for those who like Filipino style breakfast foods as well as salads and sweets.
They also have yogurt and Yakult. This is the second hotel in Iloilo where I see containers of ready-made yogurt and Yakult as part of the buffet. I really like the idea.
What I didn’t like there was the bacon. The supply was steady but a lot of the slices were tough, like jerky. Oh well, a minor thing.
My kids are mermaids! As in! If you let them, they can stay all day in the pool. So when we stay in a hotel, we always ask if they have a pool and we most certainly bring their swimsuits. They totally enjoyed four days of swimming every day at Richmonde Hotel Iloilo. We gave them enough time to do this before we went on our other itineraries.
Aside from swimming so much at the hotel, we also ventured for an afternoon at the WaterWorld Iloilo. The kids kept swimming there, too. No wonder they were both tan when we came back because of sun exposure. They sure got a lot of Vitamin D here in Iloilo.
We also went to dine at the now world-famous Roberto’s Siopao of Iloilo and we were not disappointed. Fresh siopao is the way to go!
Meanwhile, my sun urticaria acted up despite slathering so much 50+ SPF sunblock on my face and body. Daily exposure to the sun is really bad for my skin. huhuhu I get sun rashes.
Richmonde Hotel Iloilo Contact Details
Richmonde Hotel Iloilo
Megaworld Boulevard Corner Enterprise Road
Iloilo Business Park, Mandurriao
Iloilo City, Philippines | Tel. No. (63) (33) 328 7888
Find Richmonde Hotel Iloilo on the map.
Our family travel stories that you might like to read:
- Nature Adventure: Bantug Lake Ranch Family Outing
- Traveling to Dapitan: Dakak Beach Resort Holy Week Getaway
- A Road Trip in Negros Occidental: Don Salvador Benedicto Family Food Trip
- In Sipalay: Nataasan Beach Resort New Year Outing
- Touring the City of Smiles: One Day Budget Trip to Bacolod
- Kiddie Birthday Adventure: Baguio City DIY Family Tour
- More Water Fun: Nature’s Village Resort Staycation
- White beach in Bacolod: Villa Iska Beach Resort Staycation in Bacolod
- Safe staycation: GoHotels Bacolod Family Stay
- Enjoying our overnight stay at Saltimboca Tourist Inn Bacolod