Asia is a vast continent to explore and unwind in. One of the most recommended places to visit in the Asian continent is Thailand. This country is a part of Southeast Asia, which is a region filled with different cultures, beautiful locals, and exotic food. Here we present the best Thailand Tourist Spots for 2020.
What Thailand Tourist Spots Have to Offer
We love to travel as a family. It is part of our lifestyle while homeschooling our kids. Let’s say, it’s part of our curriculum. It’s no wonder that this blog was chosen as among the Top 10 Lifestyle Blogs in the Philippines. But Thailand is one of the countries that we haven’t been to yet. Maybe in the very near future, I can bring the whole family over.
Thailand has a lot of things to offer, especially where tropical vacation adventures are concerned. From crystal clear waters, incredible marine life, stunning vistas, magnificent mountains, and hospitable locals, Thailand is undoubtedly one of the best places to go in 2020.
- Related: How to Travel With the Least Stress
Below are the best Thailand tourist spots and the activities you should try to do:
Exploring the Chiang Mai Countryside
Chiang Mai is a top travel destination in Thailand with a rich historical background to narrate. This place was the 700-year-old capital of the ancient Lanna Kingdom (1250 to 1860), of northern Thailand. The old city’s relics are still evident up to this day, intermingling with the modern Chiang Mai décor and enticing tourists locally and worldwide. If you’re the adventurous type, you should check this place out.
Here are the fun things to see and do in Chiang Mai:
- Discover and take selfie photos in many temples found throughout the city, such as Doi Suthep (Theravada Buddhist temple designed in a Burmese style.)
- Stroll around the old northern city and shop around fantastic night markets.
- Explore the beautiful countryside for unforgettable day treks.
- Take a day-trip excursion and try trekking, white water rafting, ziplining, hiking, and rock climbing, so check the best transportation options at Vamonos.asia.
In 2020, you shouldn’t forget to add Chiang Mai to your Thailand itinerary because it reflects ancient traditions and roots.
Shopping in Bangkok
Bangkok is a large city and the capital of Thailand that’s known for temples and ornate shrines. You’ll find the Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew Temple, and Wat Pho Temple, known for its enormous reclining Buddha. The architecture of Bangkok is a blend of modern and traditional architecture, making it a unique travel destination, most notably among westerners.
Here are the best things to do in Thailand’s capital:
- Take a trip and shop around Chatuchak Market, one of the oldest markets worldwide with more than 8000 stalls in a 27-acre space. This marketplace is open on weekends, attracting about 200,000 visitors daily.
- Ride Bangkok’s SkyTrain at any speed. It has air-conditioned carriages, giving you a comfortable ride while viewing the city.
- Get a trip to the Grand Palace, which is Bangkok’s most famous tourist attraction covering 214,000 square meters. It was once the home of the Thai kings where government officials carry out work.
If you’re interested in summits and conferences, you shouldn’t forget to add Bangkok on your 2020 Thailand itinerary. There are gatherings for specialized industries such as robotics and print, as well as mathematics and research.
Water Adventures in Ko Chang
Ko Chang or Koh Chang is a vast Gulf of Thailand island with beautiful beaches, dense jungles, and fun nightlife. Because of the island’s elephant-shaped head, it’s called the “Elephant Island,” known and visited for its rugged character and charm.
Here are the fun things to do in Ko Chang:
- Koh Chang has white sand beaches where you can swing literally from a palm tree.
- Head to the national park with several peaceful and secluded waterfalls in a 10-minute hike.
- Snorkeling and get to see clear waters teeming with beautiful fish and coral reefs.
If you want to have clean and nature-friendly fun in 2020, you should add Ko Chang into your Thailand itinerary.
Visiting Exotic Structures in Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai is a well-known Thai destination with all-white Wat Rong Khun, stunning waterfalls, and beautiful countryside. It’s a city located in northern Thailand, which is a mountainous province near the borders of Myanmar (formerly Burma) and Laos.
Here are the buildings to visit in Chiang Rai:
- Wat Phra Kaew, a royal temple in Chiang Rai, now displays the jade Emerald Buddha replica.
- Cultural Park and Mae Fah Luang Art showcase Lanna artifacts, which makes it one of the most renowned museums in the country.
- White Temple or Wat Rong Khun is an iconic modern temple, which has a lot of unique designs incorporated into the fascinating structure. It costs 50 Baht or $1.70 to enter.
- Black House or Baan Dam. The place is sometimes incorrectly referred to as the black temple. It’s an area that has a collection of buildings like igloos and black temples. Black House costs 80 Baht or $2.70 to enter.
If you want to add new and fascinating structures to your travel blog, you shouldn’t forget Chiang Rai in your 2020 itinerary.
Other Places in Thailand You Should Visit
Meanwhile, here are some other best Thailand tourist spots you can visit if you have limited time and budget.
Ayutthaya is an ancient town, and it’s famous for Wat Mahathat and elephants. The face of Buddha was carved into a tree, bringing surprise and appreciation among locals and tourists alike. You can get in this place via train, minivan, or bus from major tourist destinations in Thailand.
Sukhothai historical park is a great place to visit in Thailand. It is less visited than Ayutthaya but with an exciting history with older temples. Get to learn and discover about Thai history and culture by visiting Sukhothai.
Pai Canyon is a scenic and serene canyon with narrow hiking trails, offering sweeping valley views. Fun activities include rafting, mountain biking, and cave exploration. It’s a perfect place to take great photos, challenge walk, and watch the sunset. Even if you have a fear of heights, it’s easy to cross over and enjoy hiking for free! The place also has hippie cafes, bamboo huts, and Thai restaurants.
Thailand is a historically-wealthy country with beautiful natural landmarks and crystalline waters. It promises a wealth of travel adventures. It’s no wonder why the best tourist spots are never left empty all year round. These include Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Koh Chang, Pai Canyon, Chiang Rai, Ayutthaya, and Sukhothai.
For your 2020 travel, include these best Thailand tourist spots in your list. And you will surely have a meaningful, unforgettable, and exciting Asian trip.
Other Travel Stories
Here are some other travel stories that you might be interested to read. Just click on any of the links below:
- Cebu Pacific Flies You Daily for a Foodie Adventure in Bacolod
- Where To Eat: List of Koh Samui Restaurants | Bacolod Blogger
- Go Hotels PH: Go Explore the Philippines More
- Scenic Hotels in Udaipur
- RedDoorz Bacolod East | Homey and Budget Friendly
- Caluya Group of Islands | The Jewel of the Province of Antique | Philippines
- Best places to spend Christmas in the USA
- Megaworld Hotels CLUB ACCESS Card: A Powerful Travel Companion
- Bacolod Hotel Stonehill Suites – Ready for MassKara Festival