Vivo X21 Smartphone
Vivo has released the X21 flagship smartphone in the Philippines. It features In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology.
Vivo released their X21 flagship smartphone in the country in order to bring users a brand new and futuristic unlocking experience. It features the industry-leading In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology combined with its FullView™ Display, AI photography, and upgraded face recognition technology. The Vivo X21 is truly the ideal mobile partner for the tech-savvy consumer.
Extraordinary AI Photography experience in Vivo X21 set new industry benchmarks for mobile innovation
Through its continuous research into user needs, Vivo has consistently pursued innovation to solve consumer pain points. Investing in long-term research and development to overcome the problems posed by mass producing the In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology, Vivo is finally bringing this secure and intuitive unlocking solution on a massive sacle.
Vivo has also made major technology breakthroughs with its FullView™ Display and AI photography feature.
Two unlocking technologies for double convenience
Vivo is the industry pioneer of In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology. To ensure that user expectations are met, Vivo has tasked its teams to innovate and perfect this technology on the new X21.
Vivo X21 replaces the rear fingerprint sensor with the latest In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology. This allows the sleek and unified design of the smartphone to be preserved without the need for a rear fingerprint sensor. With mere a flick of the wrist and a press on the screen to unlock, this convenient and seamless process is very intuitive.
- Face Access. Other than In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology, X21 also offers upgraded facial recognition technology with Face Access. It scans users’ facial features for enhanced security.
- Impressive FullView™ experience with a screen-to-body ratio of over 90%. Vivo X21 has a 6.28-inch 19:9 FHD+ FullView™ Display. With a super slim notch, and 1.66mm side bezels, it achieves a 90.3% screen-to-body ratio to provide a wider viewing experience. Vivo has enhanced its software to support the notch and developed a notification bar that maintains an immersive experience. Maximizing the beauty of the display, Vivo X21 uses P3 display color management technology and supports a P3 wide color gamut for more accurate, natural, and saturated colors.
- Glass back cover. Vivo X21 has ditched the metal body for a new 3D glass back cover. Every arc and curve on the back cover is ergonomically optimized to ensure comfort in your hand. It only is 3.1mm thick in the middle. More than just smooth to the touch, X21 uses a new color-blending technique, which creates a unique luster and delivers an elegant look.
- AI Photography Brings a Superior User Experience. X21 continues Vivo’s heritage of photography leadership, featuring 12MP (24 million photographic units) front and rear cameras with Dual Pixel Sensors. The secondary rear camera is 5MP. Thanks to the larger photographic area of each pixel, X21’s camera significantly boosts picture clarity. On top of this, the X21 features fast focusing technology that rivals DSLRs, which enables it to focus fast and capture depth of field data in every pixel. Vivo X21’s AI Scene Recognition not only identifies night, sports, vibration or back light scenarios, but can also detect and identify 18 tags and 140 scenarios.
By upgrading Vivo’s photography technologies with AI, Vivo’s AI Face Beauty and AI HDR features can identify the subject’s sex, skin tone, and surrounding lighting environment. These then allow the phone to create the ideal facial enhancement settings, even in a backlit environment.
With AI Face Beauty learning the user’s specific preferences for beauty, it can generate custom beautification effects tailored to each user. Think of the Vivo X21 as your personal make-over team.
System level optimization enhances mobile entertainment
Hardware forms the basis of any user experience. The X21 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660AIE chip which can effectively utilize CPU resources for complex AI and neural computing. Its 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM increases the speed of launching, loading and switching even large and complex mobile games.
With its large storage space, users can download all the applications, music, movies, and photos they want without the hassle of clearing space very often.
While gaming, the system will automatically adjust the CPU to optimize performance according to the game’s resources for a smoother gaming experience. The Game Mode on X21 even prevents accidental touch operations, ensuring that only gamers make the moves they intended.
X21 continues Vivo’s Hi-Fi legacy and houses the AK4376A audio chipset. It is also equipped with Deep Field technology, which was developed by Vivo to provide panoramic surround, mega bass, clear voice effects and various environmental audio effects, allowing users to tailor their audio experience.
- Related: Vivo V7 – A Great Travel Phone
Vivo X21 Specifications
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon SDM 660 AIE Octa-core|
|Storage||128GB ROM (Supports microSD Card up to 256GB)|
|Operating System||Funtouch OS 4.0 (Based on Android 8.1)|
|Touch Screen||Capacitive multi-touch|
|Camera||Front: 12MP (24 million photographic units) (F2.0) with Dual Pixel Sensor (F2.0), front screen flash
Rear: 12MP (24 million photographic units) (F1.8) with Dual Pixel Sensor + 5MP (F2.4), with rear flash
|Photography Modes||Front: Live Photo / AI Face Beauty / AI HDR / Portrait Mode Bokeh (single camera) / Panorama / AR Stickers
Rear: Slow Motion / Backlight / Live Photo / Portrait Mode Bokeh (dual cameras) / Panorama / Ultra HD / PPT Mode / Professional Mode / Time Lapse / AI Face Beauty / AR Stickers
|USB (USB2.0), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth (Bluetooth 5.0), GPS, OTG|
|Accelerometer, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass, Gyroscope|
|Items in the box|
|X21, Earphone, Documentation, USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, SIM Ejector, Protective Case, Protective Film (applied)|