Most of the community lockdown orders in the Philippines have already been lifted and people are trying to cope with the “new normal.” Some have started going back to the malls for their needs. In relation to this, Megaworld Lifestyle Malls has introduced new safeguards to ensure a ‘Safer and Happier’ shopping experience for all guests amidst the threat of Covid-19. They re-opened May 16, 2020.
Ready to Serve: Megaworld Lifestyle Malls Philippines
Megaworld Lifestyle Malls has successfully reopened its lifestyle malls and commercial centers with more stringent safety measures. This is to ensure a safe experience for everyone against COVID – 19.
Heightened safety measures for the “new normal” operations included:
- Strict implementation of social distancing
- Mandatory thermal checks
- Compulsory wearing of facemasks
- Cashless transactions
All these will be reflected in all lifestyle malls and commercial properties across the country.
List of Megaworld Lifestyle Malls
These are the Megaworld Lifestyle Malls in the Philippines today:
- Eastwood Mall, Eastwood Citywalk, and The Clubhouse at Temple Drive in Quezon City
- Lucky Chinatown in Binondo, Manila
- Uptown Bonifacio, Forbes Town, and Venice Grand Canal in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
- Three Central Mall, Paseo Center, and San Lorenzo Place Mall in Makati City
- California Garden Square in Mandaluyong City
- The Village Square Alabang in Las Piñas City, Twin Lakes Shopping Village in Laurel, Batangas
- Southwoods Mall in Binan, Laguna
- Mactan Alfresco in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
- Festive Walk Mall in Mandurriao, Iloilo City
The company is also further intensifying its existing mall sanitation and safety protocols. This includes the introduction of brand new and state-of-the-art disinfection chambers, which will be stationed at different mall entrances to help mitigate the spread of the viral disease.
Contactless purchases including the use of mobile or cashless transactions at select stores. They are also encouraging the establishment of designated pick-up counters and drive-thru stations for online takeout orders and deliveries. These are among the new measures implemented to give shoppers more safe options when it comes to buying food and other essentials.
“The safety and well-being of our guests, employees, and retail partners remain our topmost priority. We have put in place more intensified safety measures to help ensure a safer and happier shopping experience for everyone as we reopen our doors.” This was disclosed by says Graham Coates, first vice president and head, Megaworld Lifestyle Malls.
About Entertainment and Leisure
Meanwhile, there might be some not so happy news due to the new community quarantine guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF). The chapels, entertainment, and leisure establishments will remain closed to prevent mass gatherings.
Access to free WiFi is also temporarily unavailable. Valid IDs must be presented at the entrance and only guests ages 21 to 59 will be allowed to enter the premises. Restaurants and dining establishments will only cater to takeout orders.
Below is a detailed list of the safety and preventive measures that will be implemented in all Megaworld Lifestyle Malls. These took effect starting May 16:
- Thermal scanning and foot bath are mandatory for all guests at all entrances
- All guests, mall employees and store personnel are required to wear face masks at all times
- Social distancing of 3 feet apart within mall premises and when queuing at concierge, ATMs, cashiers and comfort rooms is strictly implemented
- Alcohol and hand sanitizers are available
- Guests are encouraged to use cashless transactions for their purchases
- Only guests ages 21 to 59 will be allowed to enter. Guests must present their IDs upon entry.
- Elevator and parking card push buttons are sanitized every 30 minutes
- Parking cards are sanitized before deployment at the card dispenser
- Sanitation squad is deployed at all times to deep clean door handles, handrails, comfort rooms and common areas
- Escalator handrails are disinfected using UV light
- Dine-in is not allowed in all dining establishments
- Pick-up counters and drive-thru stations are in place for takeout orders and deliveries
- Free WiFi is temporarily unavailable
- Air conditioning is set at 26 Degrees Celsius
Other Covid-19 stories
Meanwhile, here are other stories about Covid-19 in this blog:
- Bacolod Barter Community: The New Normal in Trading
- TanodCOVID: Globe and DOST Partner for COVID-19 Contact Tracing
- Covid-19 Face Masks for a Cause in Negros Occidental
- foodpanda Delivers Good Food to COVID-19 Frontliners
- Merzci Cares Feeds Many During Covid-19 ECQ
- SM Builds Seven Covid-19 Emergency Quarantine Facilities in Manila
- Chamber Volunteer Fire Brigade Disinfects Bacolod City Streets
- PPE for Negros Occidental Health Workers Against Covid-19
- Globe Gives P5M Help to Frontliners from Globe Rewards