Eyes on the future: The future of the Ophthalmic Medical Equipment Industry is already here. The four winners of the Taiwan Excellence Award recently showed their most innovative products during an online product launch.
Taiwan Excellence Award: Eyes on the Future
Four Taiwan Excellence Award winners from the ophthalmic medical equipment industry launched their products during an online event.
The event was jointly organized by Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA). It’s the foremost trade promotion body in Taiwan and Taiwan’s Bureau of Foreign Trade.
The Market for Ophthalmic Medical Equipment
The three major areas of the Ophthalmic Medical Equipment market are:
- Vision care
- Eye surgery
- Diagnosis and eye health monitoring
Bulk products of significance are optical lenses, contact lenses, and “fundus” cameras. It’s a complex optical system designed for imaging of the eye’s retina.
Estimates from IEK Consulting of the Industrial Technology Research Institute say that this market may reach US$ 58.4 billion by 2023.
- Related: 1000 Girls Campaign by World Vision
Eye Care Equipment in Taiwan
Meanwhile, Taiwan’s revenue from its ophthalmic medical equipment industry has grown steadily in recent years, estimated at approximately US $7 billion.
The auxiliary and remedial category, which constitutes the “contact lens industry,” has the most outstanding performance. This “invisible champion” accounts for 1.53% of their global sales, with most coming from exports.
Taiwan’s ophthalmology industry accounts for approximately 0.3% of global sales. They combine technologies that include optics, electronics, motors, and big data calculations.
The district is highly proficient in ICT technology, and with this significant advantage, the ophthalmology industry has demonstrated great potential.
About Taiwan Excellence
Taiwan Excellence upholds innovation by choosing products that represent the image of Taiwan’s industries.
On this occasion, the companies awarded were:
- Crystalvue’s Non-Mydriatic Auto Fundus Camera. It uses automatic 3D tracking, reduces human diagnostic error, and is sold in over 50 countries worldwide.
- Medimaging’s Digital Portable Tonometer (DPT 100). It uses air-jet pressure detection to avoid contact with disease and infection.
- BenQ’s Miacare CONFIDENCE Color Contact Lens. This adopts silicone hydrogel technology and provides contact lens wearers with all-day comfort.
- In-Trust’s Aurai Hot & Cool Eye Massager. The world’s first to use water circulation and water wave massage to reduce intraocular pressure without risks.
These ward-winning products showcase the best of Taiwan’s industries. Furthermore, they provide smart solutions for people’ daily lives.
More Medical Innovations Coming
In a similar light, more events focusing on medical products will be held soon. Some of the areas covered would be dentistry and assistance devices for the elderly, . This was revealed by TAITRA to bloggers and online media.
Indeed, it is eyes on the future with more technologies being unveiled.
For more information, visit https://youtu.be/0WdW4wXpM9w.
Technology in Our Daily Living
Meanwhile, here are other posts that you might be interested to read.
- Covid-19 and air pollution seem here to stay. Since face masks are already a part of our daily life, wear one that is comfortable and makes you breathe easy. Check out the Covilyzer Wearable Air Purifier Face Mask for Covid-19 Safety.
- Bacolod City is now a hotspot for Covid-19 cases. Keep your contact tracing apps on all the time, especially if you are always out. Read: TanodCOVID: Globe and DOST Partner for COVID-19 Contact Tracing
- Sanitize your homes, offices, clinics, cafes, and restaurants using a lamp that emits UV light. Read: Covilyzer UVC Sterilization Lamps Fight Covid-19