Vikings Luxury Buffet Bacolod
The Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant has now opened in Bacolod City. We can now enjoy a premium eat all you can buffet for lunch and dinner at the mall. Here are ways to enjoy your meal in this new Bacolod restaurant.
The Vikings have landed in Bacolod!
Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant—the biggest of its kind in the Philippines—has formally opened its doors yesterday, October 26, here in Bacolod City at the ground floor, north wing, SM City Bacolod.
While a lot of people have plans of how to “attack” Vikings and get their money’s worth with the sumptuous spread, do read some of my pointers in order to fully enjoy your meal there. Yeah, #EatLikeAViking and enjoy it to the fullest.
How to Enjoy Your Meal at Vikings Luxury Buffet
- Schedule your visit. For such a special restaurant as Vikings, it would be nice to plan your meal here ahead and not just decide to go there when you are hungry. Then you can prepare yourself. You may want to know the different stations available so that you can think ahead what you would really like to eat.
- Don’t starve. Some people think that if they do not eat all day prior to a feast, their empty stomachs will allow them to eat more. But that it is not true. It will just give you gas pains and hyperacidity and you will either be too hungry or you will lose your appetite because of the acidity in your stomach. If you are too hungry, you will just gorge on everything you see without appreciating your food. It will just give you indigestion. Instead, take light meals throughout the day so that your tummy is settled when you get to your biggest meal of the day.
- Look and see. When are you are ushered into the Vikings Luxury Buffet restaurant and showed your seat, you can then go around and look at what they are offering. Appreciate the beauty of their arrangements and the abundance of the food and the variety of selections before you.
- Sample different fares. Don’t go piling food on your plate. Vikings replenishes their dishes pretty fast so there is really no rush to get all the food in one go. Go through each station and get little portions. You can go on sampling up to 12 items if you wish. That way, you have tried a lot of dishes and yet you still have room for more.
- Pick your favorite. Now, if you fancy a particular cuisine for your meal, focus your appetite there. In my case, I love Japanese food so most of what I had tonight were sashimi and a bit of tempura. And since I am a meat eater, I went on to the carving station and had a few slices of lamb and beef, too.
I skipped the turkey because I am not really into white meat. Then I went on to get some rice-stuffed boneless pork belly—which I really loved. When you single out what you want, you can get an extra serving or two and enjoy it. I just had to stand up and go to each station each time.
- Lessen the rice. We are a rice-eating lot but if you want to sample a lot of things at Vikings and not feel bloated afterwards, minimize your rice intake. And well yes, rice takes up a lot of space in our tummies so we feel full fast.
- Go back and forth. As I have mentioned in Tip No. 4, don’t pile a lot of food on your plate. Aside from looking rather ridiculous, having so much food on your plate will take you a lot of time to finish everything. By the time you are halfway into your meal, the other dishes are already cold and not very palatable anymore. Don’t be too lazy to go back and forth to the buffet table. Let your eyes feast around and settle on what you fancy. Then go back again for the next round. It is part of the experience.
- Drink little liquid. While Vikings offers bottomless drinks of many kinds, including beer and coffee, you might want to slow it down a bit. Liquid fills the crevasses of our tummies faster, thereby making us feel fuller faster. Take easy sips from time to time but don’t gulp down an entire glass.
- Eat at a leisurely pace. Enjoy your meal and the company of your family and friends. Eating at a harried pace is not advisable, whether at Vikings Luxury Buffet Bacolod or in another setting. An hour and a half to two hours is a good enough stay at the restaurant. You have eaten what you wanted and had great conversations with your company. That would also allow other diners to use the tables, especially if there is a long line waiting outside. Of course, this is not obligatory, just something that we can do out of consideration.
- Nibble on desserts. After you have gone through all the beautiful dishes, sit back a bit and you will realize that if you are used to having desserts, your brain will send you a signal that you are ready to cap your meal with some sweets. There is a lot, and when I say a lot, there must be more than 30 choices for desserts there, ranging from cakes, pastries, local delicacies, candies, sweet salads, ice creams, and even frozen yogurt with like a dozen different toppings.
It is my sincere hope that you will enjoy your meal at Vikings because it is a lovely restaurant with wonderful staff. While their tagline may say #EatLikeAViking, you can easily get distracted about stuffing yourself with everything that you see.
But the most important thing is that you have a great experience there and not just eat so much that could give you a tummy ache or indigestion—unless that is the really the only thing on your mind. Vikings Luxury Buffet Bacolod allows us the luxury of having so much food choices at a flat rate, so let’s take advantage of that by eating wisely. Cheers!
On a different note, their opening day was a lot of fun, with a lot of people showing up in Vikings masks and hats in order to avail of the 50% discount. People wearing these head gear made of different materials added to the festive atmosphere.
It was such a fun night at Vikings Luxury Buffet Bacolod. And I would like to add, you can celebrate like at Viking on your birthday, like my husband and our friend did! haha