Pulceras: Snack by Merzci Pasalubong
Pulceras by Merzci Pasalubong is the bracelet you can eat. It is a simple Bacolod pasalubong snack that is greatly gratifying and actually quiet addicting.
Part 8 of Bacolod pasalubong series
There are certain food items that do not look appealing at first glance. Such is the appearance of Pulceras, a flour-based snack item at Merzci Pasalubong. It can be a choice for a Bacolod pasalubong item but Bacolod locals buy this for their snack.
Pulceras doesn’t look much. It is a brown ring of baked flour, which looks like a bangle for a little child, hence the name pulceras, which highly likely came from the Spanish term for bracelet.
The pulceras by Merzci Pasalubong has very little sugar and is not coated with anything. But it was surprisingly addicting. I have a a sweet tooth, so I like snack items that are sweet. That is the reason why I am very fond of Merzci Pasalubong piaya and napoleones, as well as all their tarts.
When I opened a pack of Pulceras, I thought that it was another boring snack. But it wasn’t. It was crisp and had a certain pleasant taste that I found myself munching on and on. I just don’t think it would be good for those with dentures.
Kris Aquino’s Approval
A few years ago, Merzci staff has sent boxes of Merzci Pasalubong to the set of Kris TV as gifts. Among all the Bacolod pasalubong items sent to Ms. Kris Aquino, it was the pulceras that caught her attention. She actually liked it. Maybe she doesn’t have a sweet tooth or maybe she’s watching her diet. But the Queen of all Media was heard praising the pulceras.
- New product: Merzci Special Banana Chips
For Blood Sugar Watchers
Bacolod City is sugarlandia, as the land teems with sugarcane plantations. We are also known for our sweetest desserts. It is not surprising then that we also have the sweetest Bacolod pasalubong products. But not everybody can appreciate sweet stuff. Some may be concerned with blood sugar levels while other just don’t like snacks that are so sweet.
So for either of the two groups of people, bring them some pulceras. I think it will be greatly appreciated.
For Teething Toddlers
Another good purpose for the pulceras is as teether for babies and toddlers. In the past, we grew up with toasted slabs of thick bread or stick bread, which was our snack that doubled as teethers. But as a mom, I think that the pulceras is better. It is hard but it is also smooth, so the child’s gums is less likely to get sliced.
Also, since the pulceras is ring-shaped, there is less risk of the child inserting it into his or her mouth. Oh I love this! hihi
MERZCI PASALUBONG BRANCHES
In Bacolod, visit the Merzci Pasalubong branch nearest you. Bring your recent air, land, or sea tickets and get a 10% discount on your purchase (except at the Bacolod-Silay Airport branch).
Merzci 888- Bakeshop
888 Chinatown Square, Cottage Road, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-0283 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci BREDCO- Full Store
BREDCO Reclamation Area, Brgy. 12, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 704-2088 | Store Hours: 5:00am to 7:00pm
Merzci Burgos- Full Store
Burgos Street, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 708-0955 | Store Hours: 7:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Ceres- Bakeshop Ceres Terminal
Lopez Jaena St., Brgy. 39, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 434-6113 | Store Hours: 7:00am to 7:30pm
Merzci Banago- Full Store
Corner North Drive, San Juan st., Sto. Ni�o Stop, Banago, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 703-1753 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci Cuadra- Bakeshop
G/F Merci Pasalubong Gonzaga Bldg., Gatuslao St., Brgy. 21, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 441-3743 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 9:00pm
Merzci Gaisano City- Full Store
Gaisano City, Araneta St., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 435-0931 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci Gatuslao- Full Store
Gatuslao Street, Brgy. 13, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 434-1488 | Store Hours: 8:30am to 8:00pm
Read other Merzci Pasalubong stories
- Part 1 – Merzci Pasalubong Piaya
- Part 2 – Merzci Pasalubong Napoleones
- Part 3 – Merzci Pasalubong Butterscotch
- Part 4 – Merzci Pasalubong Biscocho
- Part 5 – Merzci Pasalubong Mango Tart
- Part 6 – Merzci Pasalubong Caramel Tart
- Part 7 – Merzci Pasalubong Assorted Barquillitos
- Part 8 – Merzci Pasalubong Pulceras
- Part 9 – Merzci Pasalubong Brojas
- Part 10 – Merzci Pasalubong Cheese Tart
Merzci Gonzaga- Full Store
Dr. 6 Dona Angela Bldg., Gonzaga-Locsin Sts., Brgy. 24, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 707-0621 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci Libertad- Full Store
Libertad Street, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 435-1180 | Store Hours: 6:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Luzuriaga- Full Store
10-7 Luzuriaga St., Brgy. 13, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-0556 | Store Hours: 7:30am to 8:00pm
Merzci Mandalagan- Pasalubong
Lopues Building, Mandalagan, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-1788 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Plaza- Bakeshop
Gonzaga St., Brgy.12., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 431-1105 | Store Hours: 7:30am to 8:00pm
Merzci Robinsons Bacolod- Bakeshop
Robinsons Place, Brgy. Mandalagan, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 476-3213 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Mayfair- Bakeshop
Rm. 108 G/F Mayfair Plaza, cor 12th & 13th Sts., Lacson Street, Brgy. 7, Bacolod
(034) 709-0390 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 9:00pm”
Merzci Rosy- Bakeshop
Hernaez St., Brgy. 40, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 434-7535 | Store Hours: 7:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Sawmill- Full Store w/ on-site baking
Brgy. Bata, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 441 6603 | Store Hours: 6:30am to 8:00pm
Merzci Singcang- Pasalubong
Door 15 A & B UTC Mall, Araneta St., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 704-1065 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm”
Merzci SM City- Bakeshop
062 Sm City Bacolod, Reclamation Area, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 468-0053 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 9:00pm”
Merzci Sum-ag- Full Store
Purok Masagana, Araneta St., Sum-ag, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 704-4064 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 7:30pm
Find Bacolod City on the map.