One of our favorite snack treats is the Merzci Pasalubong butterscotch. We always buy it for our snacks or as baon when we travel. It’s yummy and filling, too. Read more about it.
- New product: Merzci Special Banana Chips
Part 3 of Bacolod pasalubong series
Merzci Pasalubong Butterscotch
One of our family’s favorite snack is Merzci Pasalubong Butterscotch. My kids would always ask for this sweet, buttery, and filling treat whenever we get to pass by a Merczi outlet. We even buy some at the pre-departure of the Bacolod-Silay Airport where Merzci has a branch.
- Related: How to Travel With the Least Stress
The butterscotch is a snack bar that’s about 1″ x 1.5″ x 1″ in size. It’s chewy and moist on the inside and topped with crushed cashew nuts. We always buy this snack for our family, whether at home or when we travel. Moreover, we also gift it as Bacolod pasalubong for our friends and family in other places.
Other Merzci Pasalubong Products
- Merzci Pasalubong Piaya
- Merzci Pasalubong Biscocho
- Mango Tart
- Merzci Pasalubong Caramel Tart
- Assorted Barquillitos
- Creamy Peach Mango Ice Box Cake Recipe with Brojas
- Cheese Tart
At Merzci Pasalubong, they have two packs available. They have the small pack that contains nine (9) pieces of individually wrapped butterscotch slices. Meanwhile, the big pack contains two dozens.
- Related: The Best Desserts in Bacolod
Aside from bringing them as pasalubong, many Bacolodnons buy butterscotch for personal consumption. They have them as snacks or as part of the dessert table during gatherings and parties.
They are handy and convenient. And since the butterscotch are individually packed in sealed plastic wrappers, they are sanitary, too. These are usually combined with others products of Merzci, like different kinds of tarts.
What is Butterscotch?
Having butterscotch is actually kind of filling with each bite-size piece. The Merzci Pasalubong butterscotch is a flour-based product. This is not the same as the popular butterscotch, which is actually a hard candy. Even though it’s filling, it’s kinda hard to stop munching on it because it’s just so good.
Aside from being such a presentable pasalubong item or gift, the butterscotch is great to bring to other places. As a Bacolod pasalubong, it is ideal because it does not spoil easily. Additionally, it does not get crushed and has a very long shelf life. Since this is a fast-moving item, you are sure that what you get at the Merzci outlets are made fresh.
If you haven’t tried it yet, grab a pack of Merzci Pasalubong Butterscotch. Manamit gid (so delicious) and you will certainly ask for more.
If you are here in Bacolod for the MassKara Festival, here are some stories that might interest you:
- Where to Eat in Bacolod: List of Bacolod restaurants
- Bacolod Pasalubong to Bring Home
- Things to Do in Bacolod: One Day Budget Trip
- Bacolod City Guide
- Bacolod Masskara Festival Schedule
- Merzci MassKara Festival
- Mambukal Resort Overnight Stay for the Family
Merzci Pasalubong Branches
Get your Merzci Pasalubong butterscotch from any of these branches listed below. There are actually so many more stores around Bacolod City, Talisay, and Silay, but I just included the biggest ones here.
Merzci 888- Bakeshop
888 Chinatown Square, Cottage Road, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-0283 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci BREDCO- Full Store
BREDCO Reclamation Area, Brgy. 12, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 704-2088 | Store Hours: 5:00am to 7:00pm
Merzci Burgos- Full Store
Burgos Street, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 708-0955 | Store Hours: 7:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Gaisano City- Full Store
Gaisano City, Araneta St., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 435-0931 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci Libertad- Full Store
Libertad Street, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 435-1180 | Store Hours: 6:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Mandalagan- Pasalubong
Lopues Building, Mandalagan, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-1788 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Mayfair- Bakeshop
Rm. 108 G/F Mayfair Plaza, cor 12th & 13th Sts., Lacson Street, Brgy. 7, Bacolod
(034) 709-0390 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 9:00pm”
Merzci Plaza- Bakeshop
Gonzaga St., Brgy.12., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 431-1105 | Store Hours: 7:30am to 8:00pm
Merzci Robinsons Bacolod- Bakeshop
Robinsons Place, Brgy. Mandalagan, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 476-3213 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Singcang- Pasalubong
Door 15 A & B UTC Mall, Araneta St., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 704-1065 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci SM City- Bakeshop
062 Sm City Bacolod, Reclamation Area, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 468-0053 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 9:00pm”