Bacolod pasalubong so sweet
Part 2 of Bacolod pasalubong series
Bacolod City, being the capital of Negros Occidental that is the largest sugar-producing province of the Philippines, it is no wonder then that people here have the sweet tooth. Yes, we love our sugar so much that enjoy using it not only in desserts but also in many of our dishes.
One heavenly and very sweet dessert that may also be a Bacolod pasalubong item is the NAPOLEONES.
What is Napoleones?
Napoleones is a layered puff and flaky pastry that sandwiches custard cream in the middle. To make it sweeter, it is glazed with confectioner’s sugar on top.
It usually comes in a small square size, about 1.5 square inches. But there are other pastry shops that sell them in rectangle shape. This makes the napoleones bout twice the size of the square.
It is unclear as to where the Napoleones came from but it seems that it had its inspirations from the French pastry called the mille-fuille. This literally means “a thousand leaves”.
Merzci Pasalubong Napoleones
Biting into a piece of Merzci Napoleones is simply heavenly. It gives you a slightly crunchy sensation because of the flaky pastry layers. Then your teeth and tongue will just sink in the soft, sweet, creamy, and buttery custard cream filling. Savor each bite. The sugar glaze on top adds more sweetness.
That is why those who are conscious about their blood sugar levels just remove the crunchy white topping. At least, they can just enjoy this pastry while avoiding the added sugar.
- Read: Bacolod City Guide
Merzci Napoleones are delicious and very affordable. They come in boxes of 12 and 6 and are kept in the store’s chillers. A fresh batch of Napoleones can last for three days. Meanwhile, it can stay up to five days when chilled in the fridge. It doesn’t last very long because the custard filling does not have preservatives.
You can buy several boxes and place them in colorful Merzci bags (sold separately) and they would make lovely gifts to the important people in your life back home.
Bacolod stories you might like:
- Where to Eat in Bacolod: List of Bacolod restaurants
- Bacolod Pasalubong to Bring Home
- Things to Do in Bacolod: One Day Budget Trip
- Bacolod City Guide
- Bacolod Masskara Festival Schedule
- RedDoorz Bacolod East | Homey and Budget Friendly
- Bell Hotel Bacolod – Managed by ICON Hotel
- Bacolod Hotel Stonehill Suites – Ready for MassKara Festival
- Who is Seddy | Seda Capitol Central | Bacolod Hotel
Snacks at Home
In our case, we just buy them regularly to have them as snacks or dessert at home. Sometimes, I also bring this to our potluck gatherings when I don’t want to cook. I just say that I will bring dessert and show up with a box or two of Merzci Napoleones. They are always welcomed with gladness in any gathering.
If you haven’t yet, try them, too. There’s always a Merzci Pasalubong branch near you.
Other Merzci Pasalubong stories:
- Merzci Pasalubong Piaya
- Merzci Pasalubong Biscocho
- Mango Tart
- Merzci Pasalubong Caramel Tart
- Assorted Barquillitos
- Creamy Peach Mango Ice Box Cake Recipe with Brojas
- Cheese Tart
Some Merzci Pasalubong Branches
Merzci 888- Bakeshop
888 Chinatown Square, Cottage Road, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-0283 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci Banago- Full Store
Corner North Drive, San Juan st., Sto. Ni�o Stop, Banago, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 703-1753 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci BREDCO- Full Store
BREDCO Reclamation Area, Brgy. 12, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 704-2088 | Store Hours: 5:00am to 7:00pm
Merzci Burgos- Full Store
Burgos Street, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 708-0955 | Store Hours: 7:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Ceres- Bakeshop Ceres Terminal
Lopez Jaena St., Brgy. 39, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 434-6113 | Store Hours: 7:00am to 7:30pm
Merzci Gaisano City- Full Store
Gaisano City, Araneta St., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 435-0931 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci Gatuslao- Full Store
Gatuslao Street, Brgy. 13, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 434-1488 | Store Hours: 8:30am to 8:00pm
Merzci Gonzaga- Full Store
Dr. 6 Do�a Angela Bldg., Gonzaga-Locsin Sts., Brgy. 24, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 707-0621 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:30pm
Merzci Libertad- Full Store
Libertad Street, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 435-1180 | Store Hours: 6:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Luzuriaga- Full Store
10-7 Luzuriaga St., Brgy. 13, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-0556 | Store Hours: 7:30am to 8:00pm
Merzci Mandalagan- Pasalubong
Lopues Building, Mandalagan, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 709-1788 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Mayfair- Bakeshop
Rm. 108 G/F Mayfair Plaza, cor 12th & 13th Sts., Lacson Street, Brgy. 7, Bacolod
(034) 709-0390 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 9:00pm
Merzci Robinsons Bacolod- Bakeshop
Robinsons Place, Brgy. Mandalagan, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 476-3213 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 8:00pm
Merzci Singcang- Pasalubong
Door 15 A & B UTC Mall, Araneta St., Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 704-1065 | Store Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm”
Merzci SM City- Bakeshop
062 Sm City Bacolod, Reclamation Area, Bacolod City, 6100
(034) 468-0053 | Store Hours: 10:00am to 9:00pm”
Other travel related stories:
- One Day BUDGET TRIP TO BACOLOD, Philippines
- List of Bacolod Restaurants
- Vivo V7 – A Great Travel Phone
- Personalized Passport Holders
- Molo, Ilolo Family Tour
- Cebu City Marriott Hotel
- Pack Your Travel Essentials
- Loboc River Cruise in Bohol
- Nature’s Village Resort